MY STAT COUNTER

Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

New York City Is On High Terror Alert As 911 Anniversary Approaches

Today is Friday, September 9, 2011. In two days our nation will be observing the ten year anniversary of 911, the most horrific day in American history;  day that changed our lives forever!

Here in NYC, we are on High Terror Alert as a new and credible yet unspecific threat against us and Washington, DC has been determined and announced.

Like so many others this past week, watching all the video's and television coverage and images from that day has been gut-wrenching - bringing back the horror of 911 as if it happened yesterday.  Nonetheless, it is a fact of our lives that we live with; it is a fact of life; this could and most likely will happen again.  I watched this video (below) this morning and it immediately brought me to tears. I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

I know that for me, here in NYC, I will live life as I would normally. Yes, of course I will be vigilant and keep my eyes open (as I always do). I will still take the subways and walk and go everywhere as I normally would. We will not be made to live in fear. They can hurt us, yes, but we will be always bounce back; they can never destroy us or our way of life. America is and always will be the greatest country in the world. We are Americans!

Rare Amateur 911 Video Footage - WTC Twin Towers

No comments: