MY STAT COUNTER

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ALLERGIES OR A COLD?

I feel like crap today.  Not that I feel sick like with a flu or anything like that, but I just feel off my game.  Scratchy throat, sniffles, tired, shortness of breath, not really achy but not great.  I heard on the radio that the allergy index was through the roof today.  Maybe thats why I feel so off.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Otherwise, today was a decent day but pretty uneventful.  I actually spoke with a Real Estate Investment Company representative on the telephone this afternoon. I sent them an email this morning, responding to an employment opportunity which is available with their company.  Opportunity?  We shall soon see.  They called me on the phone right away which if anyone knows, it is so rare to hear back from a prospective employer after responding to internet job ad, especially on the same day.  The lady was nice and she said that the owner, Adam wants to meet with me tomorrow morning.  But, feeling lousy as I was, I just wasn't in the mood for the getting all psyched and dressed up and go for the interview only to find out that its a crock of shit and they pay no money.  You know, the kind of job that's a win/win for the employer.  I told her that I would be out of town for a few days (which I'm not) and that I wanted to speak with Adam first in a preliminary telephone interview to get some basics and to find out a bit more about what the job is all about.  So, we will see.  She said that I should try to reach out to Adam while I was out of town or that Adam will reach out to me during that period or when I get back.
Paid a ton of bills today, shit the money is getting tight and the bills are getting bigger.  I still have half a ton of bills left.  Had to stop for a bit, since it's making me tense digging into my savings to pay these.  I need some backup soon.  Did I mention on my blog that I was going back to college to complete my undergraduate degree?  I think I did.  At NYU.  I Finally got re-accepted and re-enrolled and now its just a matter of choosing 2 course (6 credits) which are electives and getting started.  Only 10 elective credits to complete in total to get my undergraduate degree.  It's a no brainer, why didn't I do this sooner.  Oh well, I'm doing it now.

Went to the gym today and I was beat.  I got through my workout but I cut it short.  Would have been better if my wrestling buddy was there.  Joe wasn't there!  I looked for him but he must have taken the day off.  It would be cool if he was there tomorrow.  It's not like we stand there and talk on and on.  I mean its the gym, and I'm there to workout but I like seeing him and talking to him, even for a little bit.

Jess reached out to me today a few times with texts.  His job description has taken a turn and for this week he has to work with one of the top brass.  I think he would be fine with that but on top of this new assignment, he also is expected to keep up with his regular job and all that is expected from that.  Anyway, as I mentioned in an earlier post, Jess has this awesome duplex apartment on the east side of Manhattan.  It's incredible and worth every penny of its $4500.00 + rent.  His job pays for most of it but as Jess has said, it comes off the top of his salary.  So no matter how you look at it, the money comes out of his pocket one way or another.  His building super is having some work in his apartment.  They are adding a large closet out of a cut out area in the living room,  Can you image that an apartment at that price has no closets!  Also adding track lighting in the kitchen area..  It is looking awesome.  I'm happy for Jess.  He works hard and I like when he is happy.  He usually doesn't like things right away. Takes him time for it to sink and get used to the change.  It will, because its really nice.  I'm looking forward to heading over there to see it.

No comments: