MY STAT COUNTER

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Jess Called Me On The Telephone Today! Hallelujah!!!!

Since last Friday night, it has been perhaps five of the most difficult days of my life, at the least, five of the most difficult days that I can remember.

I spoke with Mary last night. I was aimlessly wandering around Manhattan again, feeling horrible and thinking about nothing except Jess.

But, Mary told me that Jess told her that he was going to call me later in the evening, at around 10:30pm. She said that he was "worried sick" about me. I was skeptical about him actually calling me, but something inside of me had hope that he might. Was he going to yell, tell me off, hang up on me after telling me what he was thinking? But, at approximately 10:30pm my phone rang. IT WAS JESS.

All I will say right now was that it was wonderful to speak with him. Jess was kind and although he can be hard edged and full of "tough love" in matters such as these, he was understanding. We spoke for about 40 minutes.

This was a start and it gives me hope that I can prove to Jess that I am still the same person I've always been and still worthy of being his friend. I know that sounds bad, but, hey, it's all I can think right now.

No comments: