MY STAT COUNTER

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I CAN SAIL WITHOUT WIND, I CAN ROW WITHOUT OARS, BUT I CANNOT PART FROM MY FRIEND WITHOUT TEARS!

I was on the West Side of Manhattan over at Chelsea Piers the other day. As I was walking along the river, immersed in my thoughts and most likely sadness about Jess, I came across a spot that had a larger marble and stone mural sitting on the grass. The mural must have been over seventy feet long and I must have passed that spot a few dozen times but I swear, I had never seen it before. The mural (I later found out) was erected some years ago. I almost broke down in tears right there. I mean serious tears!. Yes or course I cried but, I cried mostly on the inside and my eyes welled up. This mural was speaking to me and to Jess. I took a picture of it. I hope you all can read it. Wow! That was fucking powerful. I took Mary to see it the very next day!

I CAN SAIL WITHOUT WIND, I CAN  ROW WITHOUT OARS, 
BUT I CANNOT PART FROM MY FRIEND WITHOUT TEARS!

1 comment:

WOMBAT said...

I don't get it. What the fuck is that mural supposed to mean? It's not profound. It's the opposite of profound. It's inane. TIA for an answer.